General prerequisites for admission to iWMC:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old on the start date of the program that they apply for.
- Applicants must have completed secondary school (i.e. Grade 12).
- Applicants must be fluent in English, i.e. they must be able to follow lectures being held in English, to communicate in English and to write technical documents in English.
- German language skills are not required, because the college language is English. All course material and exams are in English! However, we also offer accompanying German language courses for students interested in learning German during their stay at iWMC.
- EU nationals or citizens of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland do not need a visa for studying in Germany.
- Citizens of Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Switzerland and the USA do not need a visa to enter Germany but must apply for a “residence permit for purposes of study” at the responsible Alien Registration Office within three months.
- Applicants from other countries must have a Student Applicant Visa. See study-in.de for more information.
Additional information about visa regulations:
German Academic Exchange Service: Entry Into the Country